|Real Name||Virat Kohli|
|Nickname||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in kilograms- 72 kg|
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches|
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla|
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 - 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian to score a century on World Cup debut (2011). |
• Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
• Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
• Fastest century by an Indian (of 52 balls against Australia at Jaipur, India in 2013).
• Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
• Fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
• Third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
• Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with the like of Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke.
• First Indian skipper to register 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
• First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test series wins.
• First Indian to aggregate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year after Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs in 2011.
• The highest score of 235 in Tests is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
• First Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
• Most runs in IPL in a single season (973 runs in IPL 9-2016).
• Most hundreds in IPL in a year (4).
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India's victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Education Qualifications||12th standard|
|Family||Father- Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)|
Mother- Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Sister- Bhavna Kohli (Elder)
Brother- Vikas Kohli (Elder)
|Address||DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- Watching Roger Federer playing, watching old cricket videos, he likes Soccer and Tennis beside Cricket, Loves to drive, crazy for sushi (food), meeting old friends|
Dislikes- Too many guests at home, sitting idle for long time
|Hobbies||Workout, travelling, singing, dancing|
|Controversies||• In 2011, Kohli on his first tour to Australia, showed his middle finger to the Sydney crowd after they abused him when he was fielding the boundary at the boundary line during the second Test.|
• In 2013, during a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Kolkata Knightriders in IPL 6, Kohli and Gautam Gambhir had an ugly spat. After getting out, instead of walking back, Kohli made some remarks which angered Gambhir, after which both started abusing each other until Rajat Bhatia intervened.
• Before the 2015 World Cup in Australia, the BCCI disallowed the Indian players to stay with their wives, or girlfriends during the World Cup. But according to reports, Kohli was staying in the same hotel where his girlfriend Anushka Sharma was staying.
• In 2016, Kohli abused a journalist after a practice session during the T20 World Cup, as Kohli thought that that particular journalist had written an article about actress Anushka Sharma in the National Daily. But, later Kohli came to know that it was the wrong journalist, after which he apologized immediately.
• Though Anil Kumble was named as the Indian cricket team coach in June 2016, in early 2017, there were many reports that were doing rounds hinting at differences between Anil and Virat Kohli. However, prior to the Champions Trophy 2017, when the BCCI published an advertisement for the post of men's Indian cricket team coach, Anil felt deeply hurt and decided to discontinue his coaching job, and on 21 June 2017, Anil gave his resignation from the post of the Indian cricket team coach.
|Favourite Cricket Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs|
Bowler : Shane Warne
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favourite Food||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favourite Actress||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots |
Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
|Favourite TV Shows||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favourite Musician||Asrar, Eminem|
|Favourite Car||Aston Martin|
|Favourite Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour)|
Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour)
Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour)
Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour)
Anushka Sharma (Actress)
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Salary (as in 2017)||RETAINER FEE: 2 crore (INR) |
TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)
ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)
T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
|Net Worth||400 Crore (INR)|