Ranveer Singh bhavnani is a new big name in the industry with brimming energy. Born into a Sindhi family to father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani businessman and mother anju he is the apple of evryone’s eye. With a bachelor’s degree from Indiana university Bloomington he pursued his acting career with Band Baaja baarat in 2010 a romantic comedy earning him a Filmfare award in best debut Male.He has been featured in romantic drama and tragedies,comedy-drama in various successful ventures. Before acting career he worked in advertising as a copywriter then as an assistant director but left it to pursue his passion. After months of frustration and disappointment he was able to convince the team of Yash Raj Films with his acting caliber and got a lead role in their new venture. His third movie lootera an adaptation of O.Henry’s short story The Last leaf was critically acclaimed. His new journey started when sanjay leela bhansali cast him in Ramleela opening new doors of success after which he also appeared in Bhansali’s next project Bajirao mastani winning many hearts and applause from critics. He won the Filmfare Best Actor award for the same. Gunday was his biggest Bollywood opener. In Dil Dhadkne Do he was the surprise element. His latest movie was Befikre Opposite Vaani Kapoor where he plays as a flirtatious boy. He has again reunited with sanjay leela bhansali for his upcoming movie Padmavati which is hugely awaited by fans. Singh has been in new for his enthusiasm at various Bollywood functions and his high energy performances lasting for more than a few minutes. He also co-hosted IIFA awards with Arjun Kapoor. His cool out of fashion style quotient is also what turns the cameras more than the events itself. He is known for his unstoppable entertainment
|Ranveer Singh Biography|| |
|Ranveer Singh Real Name||Ranveer Singh Bhavnani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Ranveer Singh Height||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
Ranveer Singh Height in Feet-Inches- 5 10
|Ranveer Singh Weight||in Kilograms- 77 kg|
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Ranveer Singh Body Measurements||- Chest: 43 Inches|
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Ranveer Singh Date of Birth||6-Jul-85|
|Ranveer Singh Age (as in 2017)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Learners' Academy, Mumbai|
|College||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Debut||Film Debut: Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)|
|Ranveer Singh Family||Ranveer Singh family history photos & background|
Ranveer Singh's Father- Jagjit Singh Bhavnani (Businessman)
Ranveer Singh's Mother- Anju Bhavnani
full wp-image-1795" />
|Favourite Food||Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry and Chinese cuisine|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan and Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang De Basanti, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Hollywood: Godfather, City Of God, Taxi Driver, The Prestige, Kill Bill
|Favourite Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Musician||Michael Jackson, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Beyonce|
|Favourite Color||Red and White|
|Favourite Restaurant||Olive Bar and Kitchen, Hakkassan, Wasabi at Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai|
Le Cirque in Delhi
Thalassa in Goa
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ahana Deol (During his college days) Anushka Sharma (Actress, Ex-girlfriend) Deepika Padukone (Actress)|
|Cars Collection||Jaguar XJL, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado|
|Salary||15-20 crore/film (INR)|
|Ranveer Singh Net Worth||$15 million|
Ranveer Singh Movies List
ranveer singh new movie
ranveer singh upcoming movies
ranveer singh first movie
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone Latest News
• In August 2012, after watching Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Ek Tha Tiger, he tweeted “EK THA TIGER felt absolute bore bt (sic) last 15min was magical. nice stunt nd action @beingsalmankhan pra.” He also tweeted “While I was passing through a multiplex people after seeing Ek Tha Tiger was asking for TIGER BAAM”. After it, he faced a lot of criticism from the film industry.
• In 2015, due to his participation in the adult content based show AIB Knockout, a FIR was filed against him and others for obscenity in public.
Ranveer Singh in AIB Roast
• During the shooting of the film Dil Dhadakne Do, he blew Priyanka Chopra a kiss in front of everyone, which she didn’t like at all. Later, during a promotional event of this film, Priyanka taunted him for his ‘over enthusiastic acting’, following which he said that he will never work with her again.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranveer Singh
- Does Ranveer Singh smoke?: No
- Does Ranveer Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ranveer belongs to a Sindhi family, who migrated from Karachi to Mumbai during the Partition of India.
- He is the maternal cousin of Anil Kapoor‘s children Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- He always wanted to be an actor, as throughout his schooling he used to participate in debates, plays, etc.
- Before acting, he worked as a copywriter in advertising agencies like O&M and JWT.
- After joining the film industry, he dropped his last name ‘Bhavani’ from his screen name, as he thought it won’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- After the release of his debut film Band Baja Baraat, there were rumours that his father paid a whooping amount of 10 crores (INR) to the makers of the film. But, he denied the rumour by saying that all “Bullshit! My dad was going through a very lean period. There was no question of him having paid money to anyone. These are all rumours.”
- If not an actor, he would have been a writer or a DJ.
- He is the first Bollywood actor who’s 4th film crossed 100 crore mark.
- He was initially offered the lead role in Bombay Velvet, but due to no dates available, the role went to Ranbir Kapoor.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the film Bajirao Mastani, he tore the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which he was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had a surgery.
- To prepare for his role in Bajirao Mastani, he moved out of his home and cut off from the world by not using TV, phone, internet.
- Apart from being an actor, he is an amazing rapper.