|Real Name||Penmetsa Ram Gopal Varma|
|Ram Gopal Varma Nickname||RGV|
|Ram Gopal Varma Profession||Director, producer, screenwriter, playback singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Ram Gopal Varma Height||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Ram Gopal Varma Weight||in Kilograms- 76 kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Ram Gopal Varma Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 Inches|
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Ram Gopal Varma Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 April 1962|
|Age (as in 2017)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Ram Gopal Varma Nationality||Indian|
|Hometown||Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh|
|College||V.R. Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada|
|Education Qualifications||B.Tech in Civil Engineering|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Siva (1989)|
Bollywood/Hindi: Shiva (1991, Remake of Telugu Fil Siva)
|Ram Gopal Varma Family||Father- Krishnam Raju Varma|
Siblings- Varma Vijaya, Varma Koti
|Controversies||• When Ram Gopal Varma's 2016 film, Veerappan, was criticized by a female Journalist, he took to twitter to display his frustration and posted not one but two controversial tweets. The 'Aag' director took a snapshot of her image and posted, "So as per your review "Veerappan" the film is as beautiful as your face." He further tweeted, "I am sorry for the content packaged in the intent but will not apologize for the intent behind the content." However, he later deleted both the tweets following a widespread outrage on the micro-blogging site.|
• Not impressed by Modi Government's Swachcha Bharat campaign advertisements, RGV once tweeted, “Films division's Swachcha Bharat Ad is worse than Aag..Someone should tell Mr. Narendra Modi that these kinds of Ads will make India dirtier." As expected, the tweet raised eyebrows of many NaMo supporters and Varma was slammed for his statement.
• In his autobiography titled 'Guns & Thighs', Ram Gopal Varma has accepted his fascination for actress Srivedi. In an entire chapter dedicated to her, Varma calls her a 'Goddess of Beauty' and confesses her love for the veteran actress. When Boney Kapoor, Sridevi's husband, got to know about this, he called RGV "crazy, bonkers and a man with a perverted mindset". Upset with such words, RGV then took to twitter and lashed on Boney with a series of tweets. One of his tweets claimed that Sridevi was famous not only because for her acting but also for her 'thundering thighs'.
• During the time of his autobiography's official release, RGV shared the cover page of his book and wrote a controversial tweet yet again. In the tweet, RGV mentioned that he dedicates his book to 'pornstar Tori Black and a few gangsters.'
• Following the release of his film 'Aag' in the year 2007, Ram Gopal Varma was sued by the Sippy family for copying portions of the iconic film- Sholay. As a result, RGV was ordered to pay INR 10 Lakhs by the Delhi High Court as punitive damages for 'distorting and mutilating the original copyright work.'
• In 2015, the Government of India gave orders to block all porn sites accessible in India. Infuriated by such a decision, Varma took to twitter and posted a number of tweets criticizing the government for its decision. One of the tweets read, "depriving consenting adults of watching porn is equivalent to what Taliban and ISIS are doing to freedom."
• RGV and controversies do not stay apart for a longer time. In July 2015, he posted a couple of controversial tweets regarding the tragic stampede that took place on the first day of Maha Pushkarams in Rajahmundry killing around 30 people. His tweets read:
• During the time of Ganesh Chaturthi festivities in 2014, RGV raged a war on Twitter by posting his beliefs on the matter. In a series of tweets, he questioned the existence of God and hurt the sentiments of Lord Ganesha's devotees. He wrote, "“The guy who couldn't save his own head from being cut, how he will save others heads is my question? But Happy Ganapathi day to morons!” He further added, “Can someone explain how someone can cut off a child's head who was just trying to protect his mother's modesty? Am sure devotees know better”.
• The 'Rangeela' director once again crossed lines when he posted a photo of notable former PM's namely Atal Bihari Vajpayee, PV Narsimha Rao and Chandra Shekhar Singh sharing a light moment while Sonia Gandhi is sitting ahead of them. RGV wrote, “Back benchers r always bad whether in school or parliament. Dont know who these 3 r but they look badder than each.”. He further added, "This pic represents inner psyche of Indian men’s disrespect for women ..Police shud investigate who they are."
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Urmila Matondkar|
|Favourite Director||Shekhar Kapur|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Ram Gopal Varma Marital Status||Divorced|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Urmila Matondkar (Actress)|
Antara Mali (Actress)
Nisha Kothari (Actress)
Madhu Shalini (Telugu Actress)
Late Jiah Khan (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Ratna Varma (Ex-wife)|
|Ram Gopal Varma Children||Son- N/A|